Mindfulness in school
For teachers working with children aged 4-14
3 - 7 April 2018, Vienna (Austria)
It is difficult for you to have attentive pupils? Do you find tiring to have to repeat several times the same thing before it can be understood by your pupils? Are your pupils very active? They move in all the directions? Or they are completely tired? Do you find hard to spend one good moment with your pupils for all these reasons?
how do you cope with your stress? what makes you stressed and not wanting to continue? which practices do you need for resourcing yourself and finding the good balance for you between work and private life?
The course will explore how to find answers to the above mentioned questions.
In particular the participation to the course will allow you to learn:
- How to have quality time with your pupils and to resource yourself and your pupils at the same time?
- How to support the attention of children with whom you work?
- How to support yourself and your pupils to learn managing stress and emotions?
- How to access your energies? How to access your relaxation potential?
- How to build your self-confidence? And how to help the children to build it?
- How to become aware of and respect your own body? How to support children in learning body awareness and respect?
- How to become aware of the breathing within us?
- How to support better concentration in the class and to have a more open-minded group?
The course is based on the methodological approach of experiential learning as a way to go deeper into the practice of meditation allowing a deeper reflection, sharing of impact of the practices and appreciation of the experience.
A series of theoretical studies and research on the impact of meditation and in particular mindfulness will be shared and used as evidence to complement the individual experience. Study visits to schools implementing Mindfulness will allow to witness its practical application.
The course has been inspired by the work of Jon and Myla Kabat-Zinn; Eline Snel with children; .b Mindfulness in School, Daniel Rechtschaffen and Dan Siegel.
The course is powered by doTERRA CPTG essential oils to create an inviting learning environment that supports attention and participation.
The course is provided by Paola Bortini and Peter Hofmann from LIMINA.
Tuition fees are 540 Euros (included VAT).
Accommodation and lodging is the responsibility of the participant. We can support you in finding accommodation in Vienna.