Skills and practices for authentic communication
Vienna (Austria), 22 – 26 August 2022 (in English)
The quote “We cannot not communicate” well sums up the essence of human relations, either in private or professional contexts and environments. However often we find ourselves trapped in communication uneasiness, looking for the right word or gesture, adequate to the moment. This seminar connects you with you inner, authentic communication with the intention to find the communication resources within and around ourselves.
In detail you
- Explore how to listen and converse with your head, heart and body
- Participate in a council where you learn about the magic of speaking out of the moment
- Learn about key communication concepts based on the Global Competences research and Theory U
- Learn about the 4 ears of communication of Schulz von Thun
- Take part in different exercises, which connect your with your body and your inner voice
- Experience new practices for authentic communication and how this builds trust and self-esteem
- Exchange ways of communicating as a leader with other professionals from different cultural background(s)
- Return home with communication practices for implementation in your personal and professional life
Underlying theories and practices:
- Theory U of Otto Scharmer, Sloan School of Management, MIT Boston
- Awareness based practices: Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- 4-sides-model of communication of Schulz von Thun
- Global Competence, Project Zero Research Institute, Harvard Graduate School of Education
The course explores communication in all aspects with a special focus on authentic communication and how it can be used in your personal and professional life. Through new knowledge and active learning methods you benefit from new experiences and ideas on how to face communication challenges in your professional (and personal) environment(s). The course consists of a mix of short theoretical inputs, concrete practices, group discussions and solo reflection moments.
Seminar fees for the 5 day seminar are 540 Euros per person, including tuition material.
If there are 2 or more participants we can offer a reduction. Please contact us individually.
The course is eligible for KA1 mobility of learners (School, Vocational Training and Adult Education), in the framework of the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union.
We will only accept 12 participants to the training. Further we ask all participants to bring a valid PCR-Test to the training.
This seminar is offered by Irene Rojnik. Please send an e-mail, if you would like to apply to email@example.com.